Occupational therapy is an Allied Health Profession, educated in the fields of medical, occupational sciences and rehabilitation strategies.
Occupational therapy got its name from its focus on helping patients with everyday activities or “occupations.”
Your life is made up of occupations—meaningful everyday activities which include self care, work and leisure. Occupational therapy is one of the best Autism treatment option.
Occupational therapy helps all age groups and every condition or pathology that may cause or pose a risk to limit “occupational” (human) performance.
We are providing the best Occupational Therapy Dubai.
We, Physio Plus provides the best autism treatment in Dubai. The goal of an Occupational Therapist is to make the person functionally “Independent” and improve his/her “Quality of Life”. For children who are suffering with autism, an occupational therapist works to develop skills that are required for daily life.
If an injury, accident, disease such as autism, condition or aging makes it difficult for you to participate in your daily activities, using a holistic approach, an Occupational Therapist forms a specific intervention plan and helps you to reach your goals and get you back to your daily life as independently as possible.
Eg. Recovering from a joint replacement may need new ways to dress, bathe and prepare meals , Autism may hinder a child from interacting effectively with classmates.
We are providing the best Occupational Therapy and Autism Treatment in Dubai. Occupational therapists work in a variety of settings—including hospitals, schools, clinics, community centers, health care facilities, and home visits.
An Occupational Therapist does a thorough evaluation, assessment and intervention to develop, recover, or maintain the meaningful activities.
● An individualized evaluation, during which the patient/family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals,
● Customized treatment programs to improve one’s ability to perform daily activities
● Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
● Prescription and training use of orthotics, prosthetics, and mobility aids
● Adaptations in home and work environment
● Guidance to family members and caregivers.
- If you are unable to perform your daily tasks without difficulty, pain or being dependent
- If your child does not show age appropriate development (physical and social), difficulty playing with peers, following at school, behavioral issues, sensory processing issues
- If you had an injury, fracture, surgery or a developed a condition which is making going back to work difficult
- If you need to prevent pain, early fatigue and increase work efficiency
- If you find that your older adults are facing difficulty with memory, participation in the community, incontinence
- If you are unable to access in the environment due to use of wheelchair, visual and hearing impairment
- Occupational Therapy will help overcome the above challenges, improve appropriate skills, teach adaptive techniques, modify the environment, educate caregivers, increase group and social participation and help you live life to its fullest.
Autism Treatment in Dubai – Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability caused by differences in the brain. Many children with autism and other autism spectrum disorders are able to live relatively normal lives. Occupational Therapy services can be provided to anyone from newborn to terminally ill.
Occupational Therapy for various health conditions:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Autism Spectrum
- Development Delay
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Down syndrome
- Spina Bifida
- Intellectual Disability
- Low vision
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Psychiatric conditions like Depression, Schizophrenia, Mood disorders, etc.
- Orthopaedic conditions like joint replacements, fractures, etc.
- Pulmonary and Cardiovascular conditions